Experienced Advocacy For Military Records Appeals

A service member’s military record reflects their service to their country. It can also have a significant impact on their life, future and benefits. If there is an error on your record, you have the option to pursue a discharge upgrade or correct the error. However, it is critical to work with an experienced military lawyer.

Law Office of Jon R. Disrud proudly advocates for service members from any branch of the military to appeal or amend their military records. Our founding attorney, Jon Disrud, has over 30 years of experience handling all military law matters. He is also a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. The combination of his military and legal experience makes him a fierce and knowledgeable ally for all service members.

Appealing Unfavorable Discharges And Injustices

A mistake, injustice or a discharge with conditions that are not honorable on your record can seriously impact your:

  • Disability and VA benefits
  • Employment opportunities
  • Retirement and health care benefits

It can also have negative effects on your reputation. For example, a bad conduct discharge could prevent you from obtaining a government position. You can appeal your record for a discharge upgrade. You can also appeal to correct mistakes, such as being classified as a detainee instead of a prisoner of war.

We will help you navigate the records appeals process, all the way from filing an appeal to taking your case before the Board of Correction for Military Records. It is important to note that the appeals process is complex, and it is often difficult to amend military records. It requires careful strategy and skill to obtain the necessary evidence to correct your record, while also protecting your rights.

That is why it is crucial to work with a military lawyer who will fight for you. The consequences of unfavorable discharges and errors on your record are significant, and you have the ability to challenge them. We can help safeguard your best interests and pursue the best possible outcome.

Contact Our Texas Firm To Discuss Your Appeal

Call our San Antonio office at 210-569-0581 or contact our firm online to arrange a free consultation today.