Helping You Protect Your Rights And Interests During Divorce
Deciding to end a marriage and file for divorce is one of the most difficult and emotional decisions you might make in your lifetime. Then, the process of divorce seems complicated and even daunting.
However, it is important to remember that you do not have to go through divorce on your own. The Law Offices of Jon R. Disrud will guide you through every step. We are committed to protecting your rights and your family’s best interests.
Whether your case is simple and uncontested, or highly contentious with sophisticated assets, we will put our experience to work for you.
Our Board-Certified Family Law Specialist* Handles All Matters Related To Divorce In Texas
We help families through the entire process of their divorce, including:
- Crafting a personalized custody arrangement that fits your family’s needs
- Adjusting custody agreements for child relocations and protecting parental rights
- Valuing and dividing marital assets, such as retirement pensions and real estate
- Determining alimony agreements to reduce your financial stress during divorce
- Calculating child support payments and obligations
- Enforcing support obligations if the paying spouse will not pay
- Post-divorce modifications to support agreements and custody arrangements
What Is The Best Approach To Divorce?
The divorce process is an emotionally charged situation. However, everyone has a different relationship with their spouse, and therefore a different experience in their divorce. This also means that everyone has different needs for their divorce. That is why there are various options to approach divorce, including:
- Mediation: Mediation is a collaborative process. A third-party mediator facilitates sessions where spouses reach fair solutions for all matters, including property division, child custody and support agreements. The mediation process is cost-effective and confidential. You also have more control over your divorce.
- Negotiation: This process is similar to mediation, but without a mediator. Both spouses’ lawyers are present in sessions where the main goal is to reach fair and reasonable outcomes. You and your spouse discuss all matters of your divorce to negotiate a compromise. Negotiation also gives you more control over the process and is less expensive than taking a divorce to court.
- Litigation and trial: If neither spouse is willing to compromise or cooperate, taking your divorce to trial is also an option. Divorce cases can be tried before a jury, but often there is only a judge who presides over the case. A divorce trial is like any other trial, involving discovery of evidence, witness testimonies and arguments. This process is public. It can also be time-consuming and expensive.
Our attorneys will take the time to understand your circumstances and goals. Then, we will guide you through the process that is best for you. We have extensive experience in all three processes and will skillfully assist you to reach efficient resolutions.
Call For A Consultation With A High Net Worth Divorce Attorney In Texas
If you are going through the end of marriage with a lot of assets involved, you need experienced legal representation. Contact our San Antonio divorce mediation attorneys online or call 210-569-0581 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
*Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization