Preserving Your Parental Rights And Your Child’s Future
For spouses with children, determining child custody can be the most important, yet difficult, aspect of their divorce. Parents would do anything for their children. They would also do anything to protect their relationship with their child. This can make emotions run higher than they already do during divorce.
At The Law Offices of Jon R. Disrud, we have the knowledge and experience to protect your rights and fight for what is best for your children.
The San Antonio Attorney For Determining, Enforcing And Modifying Custody
In Texas, the court must consider what is in the best interests of the children when determining child custody. To do so, they consider many factors, including:
- The child’s current relationship with each parent
- The ability of each parent to care for the child
- Each parent’s past and current participation in child care
- The plans each parent has for raising the child
- The emotional and physical needs of the child
- Whether either parent is causing parental alienation
The courts calculate these and other relevant factors to determine a fair custody arrangement. We fight aggressively to make sure your rights as a parent are protected throughout the custody decision process.
Living With The Custody Arrangement
There are two types of custody arrangements in Texas. The courts usually strive for joint conservatorship, or joint custody, between the parents. This is because the law states it is in the best interest for children to have a healthy relationship with both of their parents.
If parents share joint custody, they both have the responsibility and right to make decisions regarding their child. These decisions generally relate to education, health, religion and how to raise the child.
The other custody option is sole managing conservatorship. This option gives only one parent the right to make decisions on how to raise the child. The noncustodial parent still has the right to visit their child unless they pose a danger to the child.
Other Custody Matters
Our attorneys can help families through all custody issues, including:
- Creating a visitation schedule and protecting your parental rights
- Establishing a parenting plan and guiding co-parents through challenges
- Determining custody for children with special needs
- Protecting grandparent’s rights and helping them establish grandparent custody
- Modifying custody arrangements when circumstances change
Are Custody And Visitation Rights Part Of Your Divorce? Call 210-569-0581.
San Antonio attorney Jon Disrud can also assist you with enforcement of court-ordered custody agreements and child support payments. You can file contempt charges if the other parent is not following the parenting plan or paying child support.
Contact A Texas Family Law Board-Certified Specialist*
Please call our office at 210-569-0581 or send an email to schedule an appointment with a lawyer who understands and cares about your custodial rights and your parental relationship with your child. Call attorney Jon Disrud.
*Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization